Monday, April 7, 2008

XAMPP | Software Download and Review

XAMPP is a useful package that makes Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Perl installations much, much simpler! The best thing about this is that it's completely free! Some useful features include a tool that allows you to easily edit your MySQL databases (PHPMyAdmin). This tool came in really handy to me when I had to do a database presentation to a client, but unfortunately, I was experiencing some problems with installing MySQL Control Center. Darn, I hadn't prepared for that. So what I did was, I simply worked with PHPMyAdmin and everything worked well.

Though I still use MySQL Control Center for working with the database.

You can download the latest Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and Solaris versions here for free: Download XAMPP FREE!

No comments: